English Language Arts
The ELA department at Spring Creek Community School fosters a lifelong love of learning through the acquisition of vital literacy skills. Through applications of relevant project based activities, Spring Creek students grapple with timeless themes and real world issues to become positive problem solvers and well rounded citizens. Through our partnerships and wide menu of technological resources, and our independent reading program, all students can access and attain the New York State Common Core Standards.
Scope and Sequence
- Flocabulary offers a library of songs, videos and activities for K-12 online learning.
- Readworks provides research-based units, lessons, and authentic, leveled non-fiction and literary passages directly to educators online, for free, to be shared broadly.
- Time For Kids is a news magazine geared toward students in grades K-6.
- Scholastic Scope: Meet your most important ELA objectives with Scope's engaging multi-genre content, rich skill-building support material, and thrilling videos.
- News ELA is an innovative way to build reading comprehension with nonfiction that's always relevant